Promoting sustainability actively and openly
Metsä Group is committed to climate change mitigation and contributes to EU’s and Finland’s ambitions for climate-neutrality.
To contribute to these objectives we engage in policy debates and provide decision makers with information about sustainable forest management and the sustainability of our raw materials, decarbonization of our operations and the climate and environmental friendliness of our products.
We also explain how we work on new innovative sustainable solutions, such as wood-based textile fibres and 3D fibre products. Metsä Group is an active member of many national, European and international trade and industrial organisations. We are a reliable discussion partner for industry organisations, legislators and decision-makers.
We participate in the operations of the following organisations:
- National forest industry federations: Finnish Forest Industries Federation (FFIF)
- The Swedish Forest Industries and the German Pulp and Paper Association (VDP)
- Finnish Chamber of Commerce and International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI) and 4evergreen alliance
- Business Europe’s Corporate Advisory and Support Group
- Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC)
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC™)
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) (License Code FSC-C014476)
Metsä Group and its five business areas also participate in the operations of many national forest industry organisations in their key countries of operation. Such organisations include the Swedish Forest Industries Federation and the German Pulp and Paper Association, for example.
In addition, Metsä Group or its businesses are members of many field-specific organisations such as the European Tissue Symposium (ETS) and the European Organization of Packaging and the Environment (Europen).